Designed with a double wall, the Solo Stove Campfire is a natural convection inverted downgas gasifer stove.
The air intake holes on the bottom of the stove channels air to the bottom of the fire while at the same time, channels warm air up between the walls of the stove. This burst of preheated oxygen feeding back into the firebox through the smaller holes at the top of the stove causes a secondary combustion. This allows the fire to burn more complete which is why there is very little smoke during full burn. A more efficient burn also means you'll use much less wood compared to an open camp fire. The Solo Stove Campfire doesn't just burn wood. It actually cooks the smoke out of the wood and then burns the smoke not once, but twice!
The Solo Stove Campfire also features a heat shield between the ash pan and the bottom of the stove. This heat shield protects the ground under the stove from scorching.The cooking ring's angled lip also increases efficiency by directing heat towards your pot minimizing heat loss. It also acts as a windshield while still allowing oxygen to flow inward. The Solo Stove Campfire is indeed one of the most efficient wood burning stoves you'll ever own.
Why Solo Stove?
Burn hotter fires using less fuel with Solo Stove’s patented design and unique secondary combustion. Our lightweight and compact wood burning stoves are recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel's Matt Graham. Solo Stove won the Gear of the Year award from 50 Campfires & Section Hiker and is a must have for all serious backpackers, survivalists, and campers.
How Does it Work?
Built to Last
Enjoy with Friends
The Bonfire was designed with community in mind. Whether you use the Bonfire to keep warm and toast some marshmallows or as the perfect backyard ambiance for your summer party, we know you’ll have unforgettable experiences around your Bonfire.
Nature Friendly — Wood Burning Fire Pit
Any firewood logs will burn but for optimum efficiency we recommend dry hard woods. Hardwoods such as birch, maple, hickory and oak will burn longer than softwoods.
- Packed size: Height 6.7 inches, Width 7 inches
- Assembled size: Height 9.25 inches, Width 7 inches
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Materials: 304 stainless steel, nichrome wire
- Fuel: sticks, twigs, pine cones and other biomass
- Boil time: 2-4 mins (32 fl oz of water)
- SKU: SSCF
- UPC: 820103794848
- The #1 wood-burning camp stove recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel's Matt Graham.
- Patented design (#D701,721) features a unique double wall that creates ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- Uses twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Eliminates the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- Compact design nests inside the companion Solo Stove 2 Pot Set (sold separately) leaving you with more room in your backpack.
- Boils water in 2-4 mins (34 fl oz water). 7" Diameter, 6.7"/9.25" tall (packed/assembled). Weighs only 2.2 lbs. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.